Today, I signed up Wheaton Bible for Google+ for a page (new feature of Google+). What will come of it is to be determined, still!
Here’s what I’m seeing so far…
- Unlike Facebook, you can’t have more than one admin…which gives it a thumbs down.
- Unlike Facebook, you can’t set a clean URL…which gives it a thumbs down. On Facebook, we are Facebook.com/wheatonbible. On Google+, we are https://plus.google.com/111982031991795803934. Hmmm….
- Switching between myself and the page is as simple as can be…which gives it a thumbs up.
- The aesthetics of Google are, in my opinion, much better than Facebook…which gives it a thumbs up.
- But…bottom line: Google+ is not anywhere NEAR Facebook in any other area.
Do I hope that Google+ can carve out a niche for itself, instead of just trying to replicate Facebook? Yes… but until that happens, I’m on the fence.